CEATI’s 4th Annual Asset Management Conference will bring together executives, subject-matter experts, and asset management professionals from generation, transmission, and distribution to discuss their asset management program and how they think the industry needs to progress to increase benefits. The conference format is designed to guide utilities in the right direction, with the right tools, and with the support and guidance of their peers and the industry. Presentations and themes have been selected to help those just starting out on their asset management journey, as well as those further down the road looking for the best ways to improve their performance.
The overarching theme of the 4th Annual Asset Management Conference is “Planning for the Future.” The topics for presentation were identified by CEATI’s Asset Management Interest Group (AMIG) and Strategic Asset Management Program (SAMP) members as their central areas of interest for 2020.
- Planning and change management
- Risk and investment management
- New technologies to support asset management
- The future of asset management
Location & Accommodations
This event will take place at the Hyatt Regency Lake Washington in Seattle, WA. Information regarding accommodations can be found below:
Hyatt Regency Lake Washington
1053 Lake Washington Blvd N
Renton, Washington, 98056
Reserve by Phone: +1 425 203 1234
Reserve online here.
Preferred Rate: $204 USD (plus applicable taxes).
To receive the preferred rate, please mention the special convention rate for the CEATI 2020 Asset Management Conference. Preferred rate only available until September 20, 2020.
Unauthorized Housing Companies Contacting Exhibitors & Attendees. It has come to our attention that unauthorized housing companies have been contacting CEATI International exhibitors and attendees via email and phone and in general, misrepresenting themselves as an official housing vendor for CEATI International. Room registrations should be made directly with the hotel as described above.
We highly caution you from engaging unauthorized companies because if/when issues arise, CEATI International management does not have the ability to provide assistance in solving them.
Register before July 30th and save up to $100 with our Early Bird discount!
This conference is an industry-open event, with registration intended for:
- Asset management professionals
- Generation, transmission, and distribution engineers and engineering supervisors
- Corporate utility executives and planners
- Consultants, service providers, and contractors
- Equipment manufacturers and vendors
- Research facility and laboratory personnel
This event is organized in coordination with the following Utility Participants.
Call for Abstracts
We are pleased to announce a call for abstracts for CEATI’s 4th Annual Asset Management Conference. Subject matter experts are invited to submit presentation abstracts on one or more of the themes described below. Presenters are encouraged to emphasize work conducted with electric utilities in their abstracts, and include utility members as co-presenters. Abstracts shall be evaluated based on their applicability to the subject matter and their technical merits. Preference will be given to abstracts that make use of case studies, examples, and lessons learned.
IMPORTANT – Abstracts are due by 4:00pm ET, March 20, 2020. Notification of acceptance will be provided no later than May 27, 2020. Abstracts shall be evaluated based on their applicability to the subject matter and their technical merit. Proponents are encouraged to emphasize work conducted for their electric utility clients. (Approx. 300 words)
Conference Title: CEATI’s 4th Annual Asset Management Conference: Planning for the Future
Theme 1: Planning and change management
- Asset management fundamentals
- Asset management organizational development
- Asset management workforce development
- New solutions to support change management
- Incorporating regulatory, climate change, utility re-organization, changing strategic objectives, stakeholder engagement, etc. into asset management
- Value realization through asset management
- Asset management system scope management
- Asset management endgame (cost reduction, compliance, certification, etc.) – where does it stop?
- Continuous improvement of high-maturity asset management programs
Theme 2: Risk and investment management
- Experience with implementing a risk management methodology
- Obtaining buy-in to risk-based investment
- Improving/calibrating risk management methodologies
- Lessons learned
- Balancing cost/risk performance
- Risk management
- Risk curves
- Whole lifecycle cost models
- Whole asset management life cycle optimization
Theme 3: Data
- Centralized enterprise data systems vs. decentralized databases?
- Integration of data sources
- Key attributes of good data
- Data governance
- Data systems
- Building data teams (personnel, skillsets, etc.) and the data scientist role
- Key performance indicators (KPI) of asset management programs
Theme 4: New technologies to support asset management
- Artificial intelligence to leverage data and support asset management decisions
- Data systems
- Software solutions
Theme 5: Future of asset management
- Asset transformation in generation (distributed generation, increased renewables)
- Asset transformation in T&D (DER, EVs, energy storage, AMI, smart grid etc.)
- Integration of resource planning into asset management (with ties to BES markets)
- Stranded and legacy assets
- End of life asset decisions: (retirement vs. replacement)
- Value realization going forward – the benefits of asset management
|Abstracts due||March 20, 2020|
|Presenter award/regret notifications||May 27, 2020|
|Presenter acceptance of opportunity due||June 10, 2020|
|Deadline for presenter registration||June 29, 2020|
|Deadline for draft presentations||August 24, 2020|
|Call to review draft presentation||Week of September 21, 2020|
|Deadline for final presentations||October 12, 2020|
|Presenters meeting and welcome reception||October 26, 2020|
Presentations should adhere to the Guidelines set forth by CEATI International.
Presentation Guidelines Include:
- Presentations should follow a utility case study format; consultants, service providers, contractors, and vendors are encouraged to present by partnering with a utility to provide real-life examples and experiences pertaining to the conference topics.
- Note that the level of maturity of asset management programs varies widely between the AMIG and SAMP memberships. During the abstract review process, the conference steering committee may follow up with requests for presentation content to be framed to certain levels of maturity.
- Presentations must be submitted in PowerPoint (PPT) format using a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Page numbers must be displayed in the lower right hand corner of each PPT slide.
- Presentations will be distributed to attendees in secure electronic (PDF) format.
- Each presenter will be allocated a total 45 minutes of presentation time, including 15 minutes for Q&A.
- Presenters may be asked to participate, as panelists, in an open discussion concerning the session topic, as well as their specific presentation.
- Please note that all participants, including presenters, are required to register in order to attend.
Subsequent to submission, presenters may continue to revise their presentations, but must submit their revised files on flash drive a minimum of one day in advance of their scheduled presentation.
When attending a CEATI conference, be it as an attendee, exhibitor, presenter, speaker, moderator, or in any other capacity, you will be participating in an event where photography, as well as video and audio recording, is likely to occur.
By participating, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording, and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that CEATI deems fit. You release CEATI, its officers, directors, employees, consultants, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, distribution, or publication of photographs, computer images, video, and/or audio recordings.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with the exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication, irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by or on behalf of CEATI or the person or entity designated to do so by CEATI.
In addition, the event will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending a CEATI event or entering the event premises, you agree not to record or digitize any parts of the presentation, without CEATI’s express written consent.
You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before participating in the CEATI event.
Exhibition and sponsorship opportunities are available for the 4th Annual CEATI Asset Management Conference. This event will bring manufacturers and service providers together with key decision-makers in the industry. The conference has been organized with the support of CEATI’s Strategic Asset Management (SAMP) and Asset Management in Generation (AMIG) Programs, representing major electrical utilities from across North America and beyond. The event will present an excellent opportunity for targeted networking and exposure to potential clients, including a networking reception with an open invitation to all exhibitors and attendees of the conference.
Breaks, Meals & Reception
All breaks and meals for the conference will take place in the exhibition hall. This set-up provides a captive audience to showcase your company’s products and services, allowing for more face-to-face time with attendees at the events. PLEASE NOTE THAT SPACE IS LIMITED. For more information, please contact [email protected]
Each Exhibitor Registration Includes:
- Two Full Conference Registrations
- Breakfast, Lunch & Breaks
- Evening Reception
- Skirted Table & Two Chairs
- Discounted Additional Registrations
- Conference Proceedings Package
Sponsor Benefits Can Include:
- Recognition at Opening of Event Acknowledging Your Support
- Your Materials at the Main Registration Table
- Inclusion of Your Logo and Click-Through Link on Conference Website(s)
- Post-Event Exposure
- Sponsorship of Event Meals or Breaks
- Place Your Organization’s Stand-Up Banner in the Conference Room
Exhibitor & Sponsor Promotional Tool Kit
We wish to extend a warm thank you to those organizations participating as an exhibitor or sponsor at our 2020 Conference! If you have any questions or would like to inquire about additional marketing tools we could make available, please contact us at [email protected].
Professional Development Hours
Did you know that by attending a CEATI conference, you could be eligible to use your attendance towards Professional Development Hours? A Certificate of Attendance is available to all conference attendees – simply check with your local accreditation body for more details on how to apply it towards their requirements.