Grounding and lightning issues continue to be an important area of development for the industry. New and better ways to design, construct and test grounding and lightning systems are progressing in order to meet higher standards and changing industry demands. This conference is an open forum for information exchange, technical presentations, and training. It will focus on seven overarching themes that will discuss ideas and experiences for the benefit of the participants and industry as a whole.
- Personal Protective Grounding
- Distribution System Grounding
- Transmission System Grounding
- Lightning Protection & Performance
- Substation Grounding
- Pipelines and T&D Lines
- Copper Theft
- Power and Control Cable Grounding
See the 2016 conference recap Click here.
CEATI Program Participants
This event is organized in coordination with the following Utility Participants.
Omni Hotel at the Colonnade
9821 Colonnade Boulevard
San Antonio, Texas, 78230
Reserve by Phone: +1.210. 691. 8888 or Online.
Preferred Rate: $121 USD (plus applicable taxes).
To receive the preferred rate, please mention the special convention rate for the CEATI International Meeting. Preferred rate only available only until August 29, 2017 and subject to availability.
Unauthorized Housing Companies Contacting Exhibitors & Attendees. It has come to our attention that unauthorized housing companies have been contacting CEATI International exhibitors and attendees via email and phone and in general, misrepresenting themselves as an official housing vendor for CEATI International. Room registrations should be made directly with the hotel as described above.
We highly caution you from engaging unauthorized companies because if/when issues arise, CEATI International management does not have the ability to provide assistance in solving them.
Exhibition space is available for the Grounding & Lightning Conference. The event will bring manufacturers and service providers together with key decision-makers in the industry. The Conference has been organized with the support of CEATI’s Grounding & Lightning Interest Group, representing major electrical utilities from across North America and beyond. The event will present an excellent opportunity for targeted networking and exposure to potential clients, including a reception with an open invitation to all exhibitors and conference attendees.
Breaks, Meals & Reception
The conference, with all breaks and meals will taking place in the exhibition hall. This set-up provides a captive audience to showcase your company’s products and services, allowing for more face-to-face time with attendees at the event. PLEASE NOTE THAT SPACE IS LIMITED. For more information, please contact email@example.com
Each Exhibitor Registration Includes:
- One Full Conference Registration
- Breakfast, Lunch & Breaks
- Evening Reception
- Skirted Table, Two Chairs & Waste Basket
- Discounted Additional Registrations
- Conference Proceedings Package
Information will be available shortly.
Sponsor Benefits Can Include:
- Recognition at Opening of Event Acknowledging Your Support
- Your Materials at the Main Registration Table
- Inclusion of Your Logo and Click-Through Link on Conference Website(s)
- Post-Event Exposure
- Sponsorship of Event Meals or Breaks
- Place Your Organization’s Stand-Up Banner in the Conference Room
Exhibitor & Sponsor Promotional Tool Kit
We wish to extend a warm ‘thank you’ to those organizations participating as an exhibitor or sponsor at our 2017 Conference! If you have any questions or would like to inquire about additional marketing tools we could make available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Download the event logos to add to your company print ads, blogs, e-newsletters, or website.
url to link: https://www.ceati.com/GL2017
On October 3-4, 2017, CEATI International will host its 9th Annual Grounding & Lightning Conference in San Antonio, Texas, USA. The event will feature presentations from industry experts on topics such as T&D System & Substation Grounding, Copper Theft, Lightning Protection & Performance, PPG, Pipeline Mitigation, and Power & Control Cable Grounding. You are invited to submit an abstract for consideration by the Conference Organizing Committee. Please note that technical presentations with a utility presenter or utility case study are encouraged, and marketing presentations will not be accepted.
Feb 21st, 2017, 4:00 PM ET – Call for Abstracts ENDS
April 3rd, 2017, 4:00 PM ET – Confirmation of Abstract Acceptance
- Pipelines Located near Transmission and Distribution Lines and Stations – It is critical to ensure adequate separation distance in order to protect the safety of both the pipeline and the power-line structures. Issues include induction, arcing and contact voltages as well as AC corrosion and mitigation studies.
- Copper Theft from Grounding Systems – Prevention methods and techniques such as alternative conductors and installation methods.
- Personal Protective Grounding – Personal Protective Grounding (PPG) practices and methods are key features in ensuring the safety of utility workers, the public and equipment.
- Distribution and Transmission System Grounding – All aspects of Distribution and Transmission grounding protection.
- Lightning Protection and Performance – Both lightning protection and lightning performance of electric utility systems, the safety of people and equipment, response to outages as well as the prediction of lightning events.
- Substation Grounding – Proper design, construction and testing of substation grounding systems including the software used for design and the equipment used in testing.
- Power and Control Cable Grounding – Proper design and construction of power and control cable grounding systems including calculation of induced voltages on segmented or ungrounded shields and neutrals. Software used for design and the equipment hardware is also of interest.
Presentations should adhere to the Guidelines set forth by CEATI International.
Presentation Guidelines Include:
- Presentations must be submitted in Power Point format (PPT).
- Presentations will be distributed to attendees in secure electronic (PDF).
- Page numbers must be displayed in the lower right hand corner of each Power Point slide.
- Presenters may be asked to participate, as Panelists, in an Open Discussion concerning the session topic as well as their specific presentation.
- Please note that all participants, including presenters, are required to register to attend.
Presentation Submission Dates: The deadline for the submission of Power Point Presentations is August 28th, 2017.
Subsequent to submission, presenters may continue to revise presentations but must submit their revised files on flash drive at a minimum of one (1) day in advance of their scheduled presentation time.
Presentations must be submitted electronically to the attention of Ms. Aleks Modelewska at email@example.com
Quality Providers Program: The Engineering Institute of Canada
The EIC recognizes Quality Providers of continuing education to the engineering community after assessing the provider’s learning development and delivery processes and authorizing them to award EIC continuing education units, the “EIC CEU” for eligible training activities.
The purpose of the EIC Continuing Education Recognition Program is to help engineering professionals identify quality providers of CEUs and to facilitate their record keeping when activities occur with various providers across Canada. This is increasingly important as most licensing bodies have adopted explicit professional development requirements as a licensing condition.
The EIC-CEU is defined as “ten hours of participation in a continuing education program organised in compliance with prescribed EIC Standards under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction”. These CEUs carry significant credibility among the engineering community and are accepted by most NA organisations as valid a demonstration of continuing education activities.
CEATI is recognized by the Engineering Institute of Canada as an accredited provider of Continuing Education Credits (CEUs). When registering for one of our events be sure to indicate whether you wish to acquire CEUs by attending Conference presentations.