As we look to the future of the hydropower industry, hydro utilities and dam owners are searching for new and innovative ways to inspect, maintain, operate, and manage their systems. New technologies and tools are constantly under development in the areas of hydrology, operations and planning, inspecting and maintaining powerhouse equipment, and surveillance and monitoring of dams and civil structures. There are also new methods and techniques to be considered for emergency operations management and environmental constraints.
At the 11th annual CEATI Hydropower Conference, the 80+ utility members of CEATI’s hydropower program will be gathering to share their experiences and lessons learned from implementing these new tools, techniques, and methodologies. Innovative solutions and technologies that have been tried and tested will be showcased, and attendees will gain an understanding of new developments in the field of hydropower.
Westin Mission Hills
71333 Dinah Shore Dr,
Rancho Mirage, CA
Reserve: Online or +1 (877) 253-0041
Preferred Rate: $244 USD (plus applicable taxes).
To receive the preferred rate, please mention the special convention rate for the CEATI International Meeting. Preferred rate only available until January 30, 2020. Note: Please disregard the $36 USD resort fee as it is included in the rate.
Unauthorized Housing Companies Contacting Exhibitors & Attendees. It has come to our attention that unauthorized housing companies have been contacting CEATI International exhibitors and attendees via email and phone and in general, misrepresenting themselves as an official housing vendor for CEATI International. Room registrations should be made directly with the hotel as described above.
We highly caution you from engaging unauthorized companies because if/when issues arise, CEATI International management does not have the ability to provide assistance in solving them.
Register before December 14, 2019 and save up to $100 with our Early Bird discount!
This conference is an industry open event, with registration open to:
- Electric Utilities
- Equipment Vendors
- Research Facility and Laboratory Personnel
CEATI Program Participants
This event is organized in coordination with the following Program Participants:
Call for Abstracts
We are pleased to announce a Call for Abstracts for the CEATI 2020 Hydropower Conference. Experts are invited to submit presentation abstracts on one of the five themes described below.
IMPORTANT – Abstracts are due by 4:00pm ET, September 3, 2019. Anyone wishing to submit an abstract following this date may contact Lizzie Smith directly at [email protected]. A notification of acceptance will be provided no later than December 4, 2019. Abstracts shall be evaluated based on their applicability to the subject matter and their technical merits. Proponents are encouraged to emphasize work conducted for their electric utility clients. (Approx. 300 words)
Theme A: Evolving technologies and Techniques in Hydrology, Operations and Planning
- Machine learning and data assimilation
- New algorithms for optimizing
- Data quality control
- Data transformation and transfer
- Automated calibration
Theme B: New Technologies and Methods/Techniques for Inspection, Maintenance, Rehab in the Powerhouse
- Oil free bearing applications
- Utilizing wireless technologies for tracking, inspections, maintenance work, or lock-out/tag-out systems
- New rehab procedures and techniques to reduce downtime, improve efficiency and better manage work
- New techniques for controls, inspection, and monitoring of powerhouse assets
- Use of instrumentation and aggregated data for machine learning – improve predictive maintenance and asset management in the powerhouse
- Use of technology to reduce plant automation related maintenance and upkeep
- Methods for minimizing disassembly
Theme C: New Technologies and Techniques for Surveillance and Monitoring, Assessment and Decision Making for Dams and their Flow Control Facilities
- New gate testing procedures and tools
- Torque measurement at gates
- New radar/drone/submersible/scanning technologies
- Performance monitoring and surveillance
- Use and verification of instrumentation, its data management around reservoir and dam operations
- Routine testing of dam safety related instrumentation and automation
Theme D: New Technologies and Techniques for Emergency Operations Management
- Simplified precipitation frequency, special and temporal information for probabilistic flood hazard analysis
- How to monitor and predict the medium scenario
- Unlikely combinations of likely events
- Real time forecasting for flooding/inundation
- Planning for community responses to emergency scenarios
Theme E: Environmental Considerations
- Spillway gate testing – environmental considerations
- Operational and asset consideration for managing water quality (ex: total dissolved gas, dissolved oxygen, etc.)
- Aerating turbines
- Fish passage tech and fish exclusion
- Vegetation control for dam maintenance
- Permitting for dam rehabilitation
- Temperature control upstream and downstream
|3 September 2019||Abstracts Due|
|4 December 2019||Presenter Award/regret notifications|
|5 February 2020||Deadline for draft presentations|
|18 February 2020||Deadline for final presentations|
Presentations should adhere to the Guidelines set forth by CEATI International.
Presentation Guidelines Include:
- Presentations must be submitted in 16:9 Power Point format (PPT) Download Sample Template.
- Presentations will be distributed to attendees in secure electronic form (PDF).
- Page numbers must be displayed in the lower right hand corner of each Power Point slide.
- Each Presenter will be allocated 40-45 minutes of presentation time, including 10-15 mins for Q&A.
- Presenters may be asked to participate, as Panelists, in an Open Discussion concerning the session topic as well as their specific presentation.
- Please note that all participants, including presenters, are required to register to attend.
Subsequent to submission, presenters may continue to revise presentations but must submit their revised files on flash drive at a minimum of one (1) day in advance of their scheduled presentation time.
When you participate in a CEATI event, be it as an attendee, exhibitor, presenter, speaker, moderator or in any other capacity whatsoever, you will be participating in an event where photography, as well as video and audio recording is likely to occur.
By participating in the CEATI event, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that CEATI deems fit to use. You release CEATI, its officers, directors, employees and consultants, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, distribution, or publication of photographs, computer images, video and/or audio recordings.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by or on behalf of CEATI or the person or entity designated to do so by CEATI.
In addition, the event will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending the CEATI event or entering the event premises, you agree not to record or digitize any parts of the presentation, without CEATI’s express written consent.
You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before participating in the CEATI event.
EXHIBITION & SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES
Breaks, Meals & Reception
The conference, including all breaks and meals, will be taking place in the Celebrity Ballroom. This set-up provides a captive audience to showcase your company’s products and services, allowing for more face-to-face time with attendees at the event. PLEASE NOTE THAT SPACE IS LIMITED. For more information, please contact [email protected]
Each Exhibitor Registration Includes:
- Two Full Conference Registrations
- Breakfast, Lunch & Breaks
- Evening Reception
- Skirted Table & Two Chairs
- Discounted Additional Registrations
- Conference Proceedings Package
Sponsor Benefits Can Include:
- Recognition at Opening of Event Acknowledging Your Support
- Your Materials at the Main Registration Table
- Inclusion of Your Logo and Click-Through Link on Conference Website(s)
- Post-Event Exposure
- Sponsorship of Event Meals or Breaks
- Place Your Organization’s Stand-Up Banner in the Conference Room
Exhibitor & Sponsor Promotional Tool Kit
We wish to extend a warm thank you to those organizations participating as an exhibitor or sponsor at our 2020 Conference! If you have any questions or would like to inquire about additional marketing tools we could make available, please contact us at [email protected].
Professional Development Hours for CEATI Conferences
Did you know that by attending a CEATI conference, you could be eligible to use your attendance towards Professional Development Hours? A Certificate of Attendance is available to all conference attendees – simply check with your local accreditation body for more details on how to apply it towards their requirements.
Women In Power
The Women In Power collaborative venture is a networking, mentorship, and peer-to-peer support group that spans across the entirety of the CEATI organization, including all our programs. It aims to promote engineering to women in the field and help females thrive in a male-populated industry. In an effort to facilitate comradery and networking, this group is currently available to anyone involved in the CEATI programs or events at no added cost.
For more information about the Women In Power group, visit our website.
Please join us at our Women in Power Reception at CEATI’s Hydropower 2020 Conference!
Young Professionals Group
The Young Professionals Group (YPG) is a networking, mentorship, and peer-to-peer support group of inspiring professionals who are new to the electric utility industry. This group spans across the entirety of the CEATI organization, including all of our programs. The YPG will provide a focused, industry-open group and a forum for young professionals to network with their peers across the energy sector, discuss common challenges, and share experiences and strategies for positive career growth. This group will provide opportunities for collaboration and professional development, and will be open to all but aimed at those at the beginning stages of their career.
For more information about the Young Professionals group, visit our website.
Please join us at our Afternoon Program at CEATI’s 2020 Hydropower Conference!