Location & Accommodations
This event will take place at the Westin Mission Hills in Palm Springs, CA. Information regarding accommodations can be found below:
Westin Mission Hills
71333 Dinah Shore Dr,
Rancho Mirage, CA
Reserve: Online or 1-877-253-0041
Preferred Rate: $254 USD (plus applicable taxes).
To receive the preferred rate, please mention the special convention rate for the CEATI International Meeting. Preferred rate only available until February 4, 2022. Note: Please disregard the $36 USD resort fee as it is included in the rate.
Unauthorized Housing Companies Contacting Exhibitors & Attendees. It has come to our attention that unauthorized housing companies have been contacting CEATI International exhibitors and attendees via email and phone and in general, misrepresenting themselves as an official housing vendor for CEATI International. Room registrations should be made directly with the hotel as described above.
We highly caution you from engaging unauthorized companies because if/when issues arise, CEATI International management does not have the ability to provide assistance in solving them.
This conference is an industry open event, with registration open to:
- Electric Utilities
- Equipment Vendors
- Research Facilities and Laboratories
CEATI Program Participants
This event is organized in coordination with the following Program Participants:
Call for Abstracts
We are pleased to announce a Call for Abstracts for the Hydropower Conference. Experts are invited to submit presentation abstracts on one of the themes described below.
IMPORTANT – Abstracts are due by 4:00pm ET on September 13th, 2021. A notification of acceptance will be provided no later than December 3rd, 2021. Abstracts shall be evaluated based on their applicability to the subject matter and their technical merits. Proponents are encouraged to emphasize work conducted for their electric utility clients.
The Past – Lessons Learned and the Changes that Resulted
- Lessons learned from past incidents and implications today – gleaning new information 5 to 10 years later
- Human factors at play – what was acknowledged at the time vs. what was identified years later
- The Influence of past incidents on current hydropower owner and operator practices
- Identifying past design standards and operational requirements that have shaped hydro infrastructure
The Present – Current Strategies
- Aging infrastructure and risk factors
- Planning for end of life or not – decommissioning vs. rehabilitation and life extension
- Cost saving requirements for operating and maintaining hydropower infrastructure
- Current operational constraints and revenue models and their impact on design strategies
- Balancing the use of shared watersheds and approaches for meeting multiple water use requirements
The Future – Ensuring Success Moving Forward
- Adapting assets to new operational constraints and changing business strategies
- Increasing value in hydro generation
- Environmentally acceptable technology solutions
- Integrating intermittent renewable energy into existing hydro operations
- Improved forecasting tools for renewable generation and their use for reducing uncertainty
|7 September 2021||Abstracts Due|
|3 December 2021||Presenter Award/regret notifications|
|7 January 2022||Presenter acceptance of opportunity due|
|18 January 2022||Deadline for draft presentations|
|18 February 2022||Deadline for final presentations|
Presentations should adhere to the Guidelines set forth by CEATI International.
Presentation Guidelines Include:
- Presentations must be submitted in Power Point (PPT) format using a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Presentations will be distributed to attendees in secure electronic (PDF).
- Page numbers must be displayed in the lower right-hand corner of each slide.
- Each Presenter will be allocated a 45 minutes timeslot, including 25-30 minutes of presentation time, followed by10-15 minutes for Q&A.
- Please note that all participants, including presenters, are required to register to attend.
Subsequent to submission, presenters may continue to revise presentations but must submit their revised files on flash drive at a minimum of one (1) day in advance of their scheduled presentation time.
When you participate in a CEATI event, be it as an attendee, exhibitor, presenter, speaker, moderator or in any other capacity whatsoever, you will be participating in an event where photography, as well as video and audio recording is likely to occur.
By participating in the CEATI event, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that CEATI deems fit to use. You release CEATI, its officers, directors, employees and consultants, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, distribution, or publication of photographs, computer images, video and/or audio recordings.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by or on behalf of CEATI or the person or entity designated to do so by CEATI.
In addition, the event will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending the CEATI event or entering the event premises, you agree not to record or digitize any parts of the presentation, without CEATI’s express written consent.
You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before participating in the CEATI event.
EXHIBITION SOLD OUT!
Breaks, Meals & Reception
The Exhibition, including all breaks and meals, will be taking place in the Celebrity Ballroom. This set-up provides a captive audience to showcase your company’s products and services, allowing for more face-to-face time with attendees at the event. For more information, please contact [email protected]
Each Exhibitor Registration Includes:
- Two Full Conference Registrations
- Breakfast, Lunch & Breaks
- Evening Reception
- Skirted Table & Two Chairs
- Discounted Additional Registrations
- Conference Proceedings Package
Sponsor Benefits Can Include:
- Recognition at Opening of Event Acknowledging Your Support
- Your Materials at the Main Registration Table
- Inclusion of Your Logo and Click-Through Link on Conference Website(s)
- Post-Event Exposure
- Sponsorship of Event Meals or Breaks
- Place Your Organization’s Stand-Up Banner in the Conference Room
Professional Development Hours for CEATI Conferences
Did you know that by attending a CEATI conference, you could be eligible to use your attendance towards Professional Development Hours? A Certificate of Attendance is available to all conference attendees – simply check with your local accreditation body for more details on how to apply it towards their requirements.
Women In Power
The Women In Power collaborative venture is a networking, mentorship, and peer-to-peer support group that spans across the entirety of the CEATI organization, including all our programs. It aims to promote engineering to women in the field and help females thrive in a male-populated industry. In an effort to facilitate comradery and networking, this group is currently available to anyone involved in the CEATI programs or events at no added cost.
For more information about the Women In Power group, visit our website.
Please join us at our Women in Power Reception at CEATI’s Hydropower 2022 Conference!
More details to follow.
Young Professionals Group
The Young Professionals Group (YPG) is a networking, mentorship, and peer-to-peer support group of inspiring professionals who are new to the electric utility industry. This group spans across the entirety of the CEATI organization, including all of our programs. The YPG will provide a focused, industry-open group and a forum for young professionals to network with their peers across the energy sector, discuss common challenges, and share experiences and strategies for positive career growth. This group will provide opportunities for collaboration and professional development, and will be open to all but aimed at those at the beginning stages of their career.
For more information about the Young Professionals group, visit our website.
Please join us at our Afternoon Program at CEATI’s 2022 Hydropower Conference!
More details to follow.
We have selected Hopin (hopin.com) as our browser-based platform. Attendees will be invited and required to set up a free Hopin account to complete their registration for this event.
Hopin system requirements:
- Minimum Internet speeds of 5mbps for download and 2mbps for upload are recommended
- Use of Chrome or Firefox is recommended – make sure your browser is up-to-date
- Webcam and microphone (to participate in breakout sessions and one-on-one video calls)
- Disabling use of any VPN, as VPNs can provide internet instability and negatively impact user experience
For more information about Hopin, watch CEATI’s instructions video: