This conference will provide critical insight into the effectiveness and value of strategic asset management to electrical utilities. Strategic asset management is a holistic approach to asset management that is applied across the entire utility organization/business. It starts with the utility corporate strategy and mission in a unified and coordinated approach across all technical and non-technical areas of the utility. Strategic asset management thus promotes an integrated and value-based approach to asset management. This conference is organized with the support of CEATI’s Strategic Asset Management Program (SAMP).
The conference responds to the increasing pressures utilities face to not only optimize their performance for customers and owners, but also to meet regulatory requirements along with environmental and social expectations.
The 1st Annual SAMP Conference is aimed at industry professionals and will bring together leading subject matter experts from around the world. The conference thus provides an exceptional opportunity to network with consultants, manufacturers, and other representatives from electric utilities.
- Context of the Organization
- Performance Evaluation, and
The 1st Annual SAMP Conference invites participation from:
- Current members of the SAMP program
- Electric utility asset managers
- Utility chief operating officers or their support staff who would like to understand the value of approaching asset management from the corporate strategy and mission perspective.
- Other participants in a utility (e.g. in Finance, IT, and Human Resources) who would like to understand the value in a broader, more holistic approach in strategic asset management.
- Developers of asset management related products
CEATI Program Participants
This event is organized in coordination with the following Utility Participants.
Element Vancouver Metrotown
5988 Willingdon Ave, Vancouver, BC V5H 2A7
Reserve by Phone: +1 (604) 568-3696
Preferred Rate: $149 CAD (plus applicable taxes).
To receive the preferred rate, please mention the special convention rate for the CEATI International Meeting. Preferred rate only available only until October 1, 2017.
Unauthorized Housing Companies Contacting Exhibitors & Attendees. It has come to our attention that unauthorized housing companies have been contacting CEATI International exhibitors and attendees via email and phone and in general, misrepresenting themselves as an official housing vendor for CEATI International. Room registrations should be made directly with the hotel as described above.
We highly caution you from engaging unauthorized companies because if/when issues arise, CEATI International management does not have the ability to provide assistance in solving them.
Presentations should adhere to the Guidelines set forth by CEATI International.
Presentation Guidelines Include:
- Presentations must be submitted in Power Point format (PPT).
- Presentations will be distributed to attendees in secure electronic (PDF).
- Page numbers must be displayed in the lower right hand corner of each Power Point slide.
- Each Presenter will be allocated 25-30 minutes of presentation time, including 5-10 minutes for Q&A.
- Presenters may be asked to participate, as Panelists, in an Open Discussion concerning the session topic as well as their specific presentation.
- Please note that all participants, including presenters, are required to register to attend.
Presentation Submission Dates: The deadline for the submission of Power Point Presentations is September, 1st, 2017.
Subsequent to submission, presenters may continue to revise presentations but must submit their revised files on flash drive at a minimum of one (1) day in advance of their scheduled presentation time.
Presentations must be submitted electronically to the attention of Leonor Nonnenmacher at firstname.lastname@example.org@ceati.com
Quality Providers Program: The Engineering Institute of Canada
The EIC recognizes Quality Providers of continuing education to the engineering community after assessing the provider’s learning development and delivery processes and authorizing them to award EIC continuing education units, the “EIC CEU” for eligible training activities.
The purpose of the EIC Continuing Education Recognition Program is to help engineering professionals identify quality providers of CEUs and to facilitate their record keeping when activities occur with various providers across Canada. This is increasingly important as most licensing bodies have adopted explicit professional development requirements as a licensing condition.
The EIC-CEU is defined as “ten hours of participation in a continuing education program organised in compliance with prescribed EIC Standards under responsible sponsorship, capable direction, and qualified instruction”. These CEUs carry significant credibility among the engineering community and are accepted by most NA organisations as valid a demonstration of continuing education activities.
CEATI is recognized by the Engineering Institute of Canada as an accredited provider of Continuing Education Credits (CEUs). When registering for one of our events be sure to indicate whether you wish to acquire CEUs by attending Conference presentations.
Please note that Tabletop Displays are now available for purchase for this event, they include a 6ft x 2.5ft skirted table and 2 chairs. There are only 5 available so act now!
*Tabletops are only available with the purchase of a conference pass.