Grounding & Lightning Event Overview
Grounding and lightning issues continue to be an important area of development for the electrical utility industry. New and better ways to design, construct, and test grounding and lightning protection systems are continuously being developed to meet evolving industry demands. The 13th Annual Grounding & Lightning Conference is an open forum for information exchange, technical presentations, and training. Discussions and presentations will cover grounding and lightning topics applicable to all areas of electric power systems.
Supported by 35 participating utilities, the Grounding and Lightning Conference brings together leading subject matter experts from around the world, while providing an opportunity for networking with consultants, manufacturers, and representatives from electric utilities.
- Lightning Protection & Performance
- Station Grounding
- Personal Protective Grounding (PPG)
- Distribution & Transmission System Grounding
- Copper Theft
- Pipelines in Proximity to Electrical Power Lines and Structures
Stations Event Overview
The 2021 Stations Conference: Developing Processes and Leveraging Data to Mitigate System Risk will explore methods by which to leverage equipment data and develop processes to help mitigate system risk, improving efficiency, safety, and reliability of operation. The event will feature case studies on the following topics:
- Innovation & Design
- Maintenance Practices
- Condition Assessment & Monitoring
- Risk Management
The 13th Annual Grounding & Lightning and 2021 Stations Conferences will be hosted online and mirror our in-person event with seamless transitions between activities, including:
- Multiple sessions with technical presentations
- Breakout rooms for interactive discussions
- Event-wide and room-based live chat with presenters and other attendees
- Impromptu one-on-one video calls with other attendees
- Side discussions with up to four other attendees
- Exhibition booths
As the 13th Annual Grounding & Lightning and 2021 Stations Conferences will be held virtually this year using Hopin, we will be holding an Orientation Session on September 28th, 2021 for all attendees and presenters. The Orientation will provide attendees with the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the Hopin platform. There will also be dedicated presenter practice sessions based on which session you are presenting in (details to come!).
Attendees will be invited and required to set up a free Hopin account to complete their registration for this event. Hopin system requirements:
- Minimum Internet speeds of 5mbps for download and 2mbps for upload are recommended
- Use of Chrome or Firefox is recommended – make sure your browser is up-to-date
- Webcam and microphone (to participate in breakout sessions and one-on-one video calls)
- Disabling use of any VPN, as VPNs can cause internet instability and negatively impact user experience. For more information about Hopin, watch CEATI’s instructions video:
As the Stations and Grounding & Lightning Conference tracks will be co-located, all attendees will have full access to attend all sessions from both tracks.
This conference is an industry open event, with registration available to:
- Electric Utilities
- Equipment Vendors
- Research Facilities and Laboratories
CEATI Program Participants
This event is organized in coordination with the following program participants:
|5 April 2021||Abstracts due|
|21 May 2021||Presenter award/regret notifications|
|28 June 2021||Presenter acceptance of opportunity due|
|3 September 2021||Deadline for draft presentations|
|10 September 2021||Deadline for registration|
|1 October 2021||Deadline for final presentations|
Presentations should adhere to the guidelines set forth by CEATI International.
Presentation Guidelines Include:
- Presentations must be submitted in PowerPoint (PPT) format using a 16:9 aspect ratio
- Presentations will be distributed to attendees in secure electronic (PDF) format
- Page numbers must be displayed in the lower right hand corner of each slide
- Each presenter will be allocated 25-30 minutes of presentation time, including 5-10 minutes for Q&A
- Presenters may be asked to participate as panelists in an open discussion concerning the session topic as well as their specific presentation
- Please note that all participants, including presenters, are required to register to attend
Subsequent to submission, presenters may continue to revise presentations but must submit their revised files on flash drive at a minimum of one (1) day in advance of their scheduled presentation time.
When you participate in a CEATI event, be it as an attendee, exhibitor, presenter, speaker, moderator or in any other capacity whatsoever, you will be participating in an event where photography, as well as video and audio recording is likely to occur.
By participating in the CEATI event, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that CEATI deems fit to use. You release CEATI, its officers, directors, employees and consultants, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, distribution, or publication of photographs, computer images, video and/or audio recordings.
By entering the event platform, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with any exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by or on behalf of CEATI or the person or entity designated to do so by CEATI.
In addition, the event will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending the CEATI event or accessing the event platform, you agree not to record or digitize any parts of the presentation, without CEATI’s express written consent.
You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before participating in the CEATI event.
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
Sponsor benefits can include:
- Two all-access passes
- Recognition acknowledging your support during the event
- Inclusion of your logo and click-through link on conference website(s) and the virtual event platform
Personalized MyCEATI Portal page featured in September, October and November
A virtual exhibition will be available throughout the event where vendors will be showcasing company products and services.
Exhibitors will also be featured on the MyCEATI portal. Search by keywords to find the right company for your needs.
For more information, please contact [email protected]
Professional Development Hours for CEATI Conferences
Did you know that by attending a CEATI conference, you could be eligible to use your attendance towards Professional Development Hours? A Certificate of Attendance is available to all conference attendees – simply check with your local accreditation body for more details on how to apply it towards their requirements.
The CEATI Young Professionals Group (YPG) is a networking, mentorship, and peer-to-peer support group of inspiring professionals who are new to the electric utility industry. All are welcome, but the target audience is those with less than 10 years of experience in the industry. The YPG virtual networking event on October 18 will provide a focused, industry-open forum for young professionals to network with their peers across the energy sector, discuss common challenges, and share experiences and strategies for positive career growth.
Sign up for this event by emailing [email protected].
For more information about the Young Professionals group, visit our website.
You can download the agenda here