CEATI International’s 12th Annual Hydropower Conference will focus on the risk and uncertainty that hydropower owners and operators currently face. The event will feature case studies on the following topics:
- Operational reliability, including condition assessment, inspection, and maintenance of critical equipment
- Examples of risk informed decision making, risk prioritization, and risk management applied by hydropower utilities and dam owners
- Coordination and communication between plant operators, dam safety engineers, and water managers
- Use and verification of instrumentation and automation
- Data management and data quality control
- Balancing risks and operating during a pandemic
The Spring 2021 Hydropower Conference will be hosted online and mirror our in-person event with seamless transitions between activities, including:
- The main stage, with technical presentations
- Breakout rooms for interactive sessions
- Event-wide and room-based live chat with presenters and other attendees
- Impromptu one-on-one video calls with other attendees
- Exhibition booths
We have selected Hopin (hopin.com) as our browser-based platform. Attendees will be invited and required to set up a free Hopin account to complete their registration for this event.
Hopin system requirements:
- Minimum Internet speeds of 5mbps for download and 2mbps for upload are recommended
- Use of Chrome or Firefox is recommended – make sure your browser is up-to-date
- Webcam and microphone (to participate in breakout sessions and one-on-one video calls)
- Disabling use of any VPN, as VPNs can provide internet instability and negatively impact user experience
For more information about Hopin, watch CEATI’s instructions video:
If you missed the orientation session on February 16th, which provided information to the registered attendees regarding the virtual platform and the tools available during the conference, watch the video below:
Members of the HPLIG, HOPIG and DSIG are eligible for complimentary passes to the virtual conference and should contact their main representative to coordinate registration.
This conference is an industry open event, with registration available to:
- Electric utilities and dam owners
- Equipment manufacturers and suppliers
- Research facilities and laboratories
CEATI Program Participants
This event is organized in coordination with the following program participants:
|18 September 2020||Abstracts due|
|30 November 2020||Presenter award/regret notifications|
|11 January 2021||Presenter acceptance of opportunity due|
|18 January 2021||Deadline for draft presentations|
|1 February||Registration deadline|
|16 February 2021||Orientation session|
|18 February 2021||Deadline for final presentations|
Presentations should adhere to the guidelines set forth by CEATI International.
Presentation Guidelines Include:
- Presentations must be submitted in Power Point (PPT) format using a 16:9 aspect ratio.
- Presentations will be distributed to attendees in secure electronic (PDF) format.
- Page numbers must be displayed in the lower right hand corner of each slide.
- Each presenter will be allocated 40 minutes of presentation time, including 5-10 minutes for Q&A.
- Please note that all participants, including presenters, are required to register to attend.
Subsequent to submission, presenters may continue to revise presentations, but must submit their revised files by email at a minimum of one day in advance of their scheduled presentation time.
When you participate in a CEATI event, be it as an attendee, exhibitor, presenter, speaker, moderator, or in any other capacity, you are participating in an event where photography, as well as video and audio recording, is likely to occur.
By participating in this CEATI event, you consent to photography, audio recording, video recording and its/their release, publication, exhibition, or reproduction to be used for news, web casts, promotional purposes, telecasts, advertising, inclusion on web sites, or for any other purpose(s) that CEATI deems fit. You release CEATI, its officers, directors, employees, consultants, and each and all persons involved from any liability connected with the taking, recording, digitizing, distribution, or publication of photographs, computer images, video, and/or audio recordings.
By entering the event premises, you waive all rights you may have to any claims for payment or royalties in connection with the exhibition, streaming, webcasting, televising, or other publication of these materials, regardless of the purpose or sponsoring of such exhibiting, broadcasting, webcasting, or other publication, irrespective of whether a fee for admission or sponsorship is charged. You also waive any right to inspect or approve any photo, video, or audio recording taken by or on behalf of CEATI or the person or entity designated to do so by CEATI.
In addition, the event will be monitored for unauthorized recording. By attending the CEATI event or entering the event premises, you agree not to record or digitize any parts of the presentation without CEATI’s express written consent.
You have been fully informed of your consent, waiver of liability, and release before participating in the CEATI event.
Sponsorship & Exhibition Opportunities
SUPPORTING INDUSTRY PARTNERS
Sponsor benefits can include:
- Two all-access passes
- Recognition acknowledging your support during the event
- Inclusion of your logo and click-through link on conference website(s) and the virtual event platform
- Personalized MyCEATI Portal page featured throughout February, March, and April
A virtual exhibition will be available throughout the event where vendors will be showcasing company products and services.
Exhibitors will also be featured on the MyCEATI portal. Search by keywords to find the right company for your needs. For more information, please contact [email protected].
Exhibitor & Sponsor Promotional Tool Kit
We wish to extend a warm thank you to those organizations participating as exhibitors or sponsors at our 2021 Conference. If you have any questions or would like to inquire about the availability of additional marketing tools we could make available, please contact [email protected].
Professional Development Hours for CEATI Conferences
Did you know that you can use your CEATI conference attendance to be eligible for professional development hours? A Certificate of Attendance is available to all conference attendees – simply check with your local accreditation body for more details on how to apply it towards their requirements.
Young Professionals Group
The Young Professionals Group (YPG) is a networking, mentorship, and peer-to-peer support group of inspiring professionals who are new to the electric utility industry. This group spans across the entirety of the CEATI organization, including all of our programs. The YPG will provide a focused, industry-open group and a forum for young professionals to network with their peers across the energy sector, discuss common challenges, and share experiences and strategies for positive career growth. This group will provide opportunities for collaboration and professional development, and will be open to all but aimed at those at the beginning stages of their career.
For more information about the Young Professionals group, visit our website.
Join us at the 2021 YPG Virtual Meeting!
This event in conjunction with the Hydropower Conference is an open invitation to all at no added cost! Participants will not need to register for the conference in order to attend.
Download the agenda here.
Please note that the agenda is subject to change without notice.