After completing the Dam Safety Essentials Guidance and Training for Engineers training, participants should be able to:
1. Understand identified potential failure modes for a particular site and/oridentify likely potential failure modes for a site where a PFMA has not been performed.
2. Effectively conduct and prioritizerecommendations from an internaldam safety inspection.
3. Comprehend consultants’ reports and work scopes relevant to dam safety inspections and common investigations, analyses, and rehabilitation measures.
4. Deliver periodic dam safety refresher trainings to plant operators.
5. Respond appropriately to routine surveillance observations by plant operators and evaluate whether an observation represents an immediate dam safety threat, is an item for continued surveillance and monitoring, or is a maintenance concern.
6. Conduct effective screening-level reviews of dam safety instrumentation data.