Prepare an industry guide that provides requirements for owners, contractors, and manufacturers for a best practice approach to quality assurance. To support a best practice program, specific equipment related tests and inspections that should be performed for common electrical and mechanical equipment utilized in hydroelectric plants are detailed.
The guide will fulfill the following major objectives:
- Information for the application, specification, and management of a quality assurance program for use in the supply and installation of major electrical and mechanical equipment utilized in hydroelectric stations.
- Details of the specific tests and inspections that are applicable to common major mechanical and electrical equipment utilized in hydroelectric stations.
- Identify the international standards applicable to each piece of equipment.
- Be useful by those new to quality assurance and hydroelectric equipment to obtain a basic understanding of the processes and practices.
- Be useful to those experienced with hydroelectric equipment to prepare specifications and oversee a quality process.