The objective of this project is to identify and compare commercially available software applications with provisions for integrating with GIS applications for asset management of transmission lines and to produce recommendations based on ratings/results derived from comparison.
The scope includes, but not limited to the follows:
- Conduct an industry survey on asset management systems for transmission lines
- Review commercially available systems and determine relevancy, pros and cons of each system with examples
- Identify the information hierarchies and data structure aligning with asset management processes and work execution
- Identify different formats in use for asset registry
- Review tools for data collection from the field and for evaluation and analysis to support business decision processes.
- Examine the provisions for integrating existing systems and applications with the enterprise system